Thursday, February 14, 2013

Cambree's Hospital Stay

Cambree had been having a 103.4-104.5 fever for 5 days.  We had taken her in but they kept telling us it was a virus and she would eventually get over it.  After the 5th day of consistent temperatures I took her back in.  The Dr. ran a bunch of tests with an X-ray and discovered she had pneumonia and was extremely dehydrated.  Ryan came home right away and we took her to the hospital.  She was there from 1 pm to 9 am the next morning, and she really hated every minute.  She is like her momma.  I hate IV's and try my hardest to get them out as soon as possible.  She's doing good now and is happy to be home.  I have to try to keep her hydrated so we don't have to go back...that's the current challenge. 


 These are pictures after I told her we could go home.  She suddenly had a new lease on life and was ecstatic.  Grandpa brought her a bear and balloon that she loved.  

Cambree was doing so good with potty training when she was feeling good, without fevers.  We'll try again in a few weeks when she's feeling awesome.

2 comments:

Brielle said...

Poor thing!

Grandma Marie said...

Don't forget that she called her IV the "pink-purple" because it was wrapped in pink and purple mesh tape.
"Mommy, take off my pink-purple!!" "Take off my pink-purple now."
"I don't want this pink-purple!!"

...a hundred-million times.

Post a Comment