Wednesday, February 27, 2013

Todd

I went to see Todd yesterday at LDS Hospital.  He always seems to be in such good spirits, despite the hell he is facing.  We talked about the purpose of it all and what growth is occurring in our family and his through all of this.  It makes the little things so insignificant when a loved one is hurting.  I think of the pain for Wendy, the struggle for the kids, the hardship for my parents of keeping a business going, and poor Toddy.  He is black and blue and scarred all over.  He is so strong and an example for me.  He likes me to come visit which makes me feel good.  I feel like if I can bring a smile to his face and feel closer to him, it's irreplaceable   I usually do well to keep my tears hidden.  The tears are for his pain.  I want to take it away, just for a day and let him rest.  He is always apologizing for the "hassle" he is causing everyone (nurses, family, doctors) but really he has truly been a great blessing to all of us.  We have learned to serve and feel blessed to be able to help in anyway we can.  Tim is a bone marrow match which is a huge blessing and reason to celebrate.  Onward and upward.

No comments:

Post a Comment