Our three kiddos. It is night and day when comparing our third baby to our first. With Boston we tried to be quiet because the baby was sleeping and now this baby has learned to sleep through the chaos and yelling.
I recently heard a inspiring video that talked about gratitude. The idea is to take a few minutes either writing them down or thinking about things that made you happy that day. Then explaining why they were good and what role I had in the situation. This has been awesome because I'm starting to see those tender mercies that I encounter each day. As I've been doing this I've laughed at the times it could be opposite like for instance, when I went outside to see Boston's clothes off and him on the side of the house pooping like a dog. Yeah, that was a shining moment or when my drink got run over by a van as I was loading the car full of groceries or when my neighbor stopped by and Boston starting throwing rocks at her little girls because he has decided he doesn't like people. Or how about when Cambree peed at the Carl's Junior playplace. She usually has no accidents but saves them for when she is at the top of the highest slide and I get to climb up there and hope the other kids can manage themselves, plus the looks you get when parents actually realize that kids probably pee in there on a regular basis and that my wet daughter is not the first. Good times but all in all I'm learning to laugh about these things and not let them destroy my day as a mother. Keep trucking forward.
The other day Ryan started talking like a cowboy to the kids and this is what transpired.





No comments:
Post a Comment