Brinley Marie was born on August 29th. She weighed 8 lbs 3 ounces and was 21 inches long. That morning Ryan and I left to the hospital. I was in labor from 8 until 12:54 p.m. During labor I was so ornery and scared that I wouldn't progress. My Dr. joked that he could already read the headlines, "Pregnant woman kills Dr. and husband while in labor." He has a good sense of humor and lightened my mood as he broke my water at 10:30. At that point, I was at a 3. By 12, I was at a 6 and then 10 minutes later I was ready to deliver. I was so happy to finally have her. She was causing me some serious pain with sciatica and endless contractions that would amount to nothing. When she was being delivered my Dr. told me she was posterior and my cervix was blocking the birth canal. Finally, an explanation of why I had preterm labor for so long and why she would never actually come. So she came out face up and is by far my biggest baby.
I stayed at the hospital for 2 days and now find myself at home. It seems a bit crazy for Ryan and I, as we adjust to three children. We are outnumbered and have many helpers. Within the first few minutes of arriving home as a family of five, all three were screaming and crying about something. It took about a half hour for us to make it back in the car and be driving to my moms. Wow, it was madness. We eventually came home and I am trying to be really patient. I would like this experience to be positive for Boston and Cambree, so I'm really trying to keep my cool. Last night was our first night at home with the baby. She was up until 4 a.m. and had an upset tummy. Yep, 4 a.m. and does not like her bed. Finally she fell asleep in her car seat. We'll see how this next week goes. Hopefully a little better.
She had a black and blue head from coming out posterior
Boston meeting his new sister. He has been so good with her so far and loves her to pieces.
Grandpa Bob (I see some tears)
Cambree likes the baby but I can tell she really wants to know that we still love her a lot. She is constantly reminding us that she is our "Special Girl" and needs a little extra love, especially now.
Grandma Marie
Grandma Mary
What a good big brother
I tried to take a few pics this morning but I just got a whole bunch of screaming.
































1 comment:
Congratulations Jenn!!! You look so beautiful in those pictures. I so feel your pain though being out numbered with babies. This is going to be hard and stressful for a little bit but you'll find your groove again. I'm thinking about you!
Post a Comment